What's new

RT-AC3100 Firmware 384.21045

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 22229

Version 3.0.0.4.384.210452018/06/0145.87 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC3100 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.21045
- Modified the EULA for DDNS, AiProtection, Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analyzer, Web history, Feedback.
- Added Privacy page in Advanced settings
- Fixed IPv6 bugs
- Modified USB 3.0 related strings.
- Increased port forwarding rules limit from 32 to 64.
- Added more protection mechanism for OpenVPN account.
- Fixed AiMesh bandwidth and extension channel sync issue.

Version 3.0.0.4.384.210452018/06/0145.87 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC3100 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.21045
- Modified the EULA for DDNS, AiProtection, Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analyzer, Web history, Feedback.
- Added Privacy page in Advanced settings
- Fixed IPv6 bugs
- Modified USB 3.0 related strings.
- Increased port forwarding rules limit from 32 to 64.
- Added more protection mechanism for OpenVPN account.
- Fixed AiMesh bandwidth and extension channel sync issue.

Here is the firmware's download link for those having trrouble seeing it on the support download page (like me).

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC3100/FW_RT_AC3100_300438421045.ZIP

Just tried to upgrade mine from the webGUI and got this:

The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. After reconnecting to the Internet, go back to this page and click Check to check for the latest firmware updates.

I have internet access. I don't have time to upgrade the router and three nodes right now. This will have to wait..

So I tried to update using a downloaded f/w from Asus' website and still no love. I get the following screen for about 8 minutes, which seems like way too long and nothing happens with the lights on my router. I reload the router webGUI and it hasn't completed anything. What is going on here?

applying settings.JPG

So I tried to update using a downloaded f/w from Asus' website and still no love. I get the following screen for about 8 minutes, which seems like way too long and nothing happens with the lights on my router. I reload the router webGUI and it hasn't completed anything. What is going on here?

View attachment 13397
reboot router and try again

What version are you upgrading from? If it's the legacy branch (380) then upgrading is a bit of a process. If so I recommend this link.

https://x3mtek.com/asuswrt-merlin-firmware-upgrade/

If you are simply moving up from 384.3/4 then try removing all USB drives/connections. If there's an issue flashing then I disconnect everything and use a hardwired Surface to flash with. If all else fails, then initialize, flash, power cycle, manually re-enter settings and hope for the best.

Good luck!

I'm on 3.0.0.4.384.20942 from last week and have no USB drives connected but do have a switch (between the Router and my PC) and actually a couple devices directly connected on the WAN. Your saying disconnect all but my PC and upgrade with the PC directly into a WAN port? What about WiFi? Turn it off?

Thanks.

So I power cycled the router and then manually installed the f/w to the main router and each of it's three RT-AC68U nodes and it took so hopefully this will fix my current issues with overall stability and slow connections for streaming video. We have no CableTV and WAF has dropped over the last few days..

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!