What's new

RT-AC3200 380.65 Time Control issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dimitriz

New Around Here
Hi guys, I have a weird issue with my ASUS RT-3200 router.

I set a time control to restrict my 9yo playing hours.
However sometimes I find it not working correctly.

Last night he was restricted after 9pm yet he was on the internet.
I grabbed his laptop and double checked IP/MAC and it was what I have flagged.
The time was set correctly as I grabbed my Nexus 6 and set it to restrict also and it restricted it.

Another interesting this is that I am able to restrict him with Keyword and URL filter (in Firewall settings) and that was working properly.

To top that off I decided to upgrade firmware to 380.65_2 and that gave me some major WiFi issues and after testing with it I reverted to 380.65

Thanks

Are your time zone settings correct? Summer time settings are coming into use this month.

As to the WiFi issue .......... 2100+ user have downloaded 380.65_2 , @ half a dozen people have reported connection issues. There is nothing in the upgrade that affects Etho or WiFi .

I would reboot the router and if that doesn't help , consider a factory reset.

Are your time zone settings correct? Summer time settings are coming into use this month.

As to the WiFi issue .......... 2100+ user have downloaded 380.65_2 , @ half a dozen people have reported connection issues. There is nothing in the upgrade that affects Etho or WiFi .

I would reboot the router and if that doesn't help , consider a factory reset.

The system time is definitely matching my PC time and local time. The laptop I am blocking has the same time also.
I did factory reset the router at the end of January as I started getting some warning about memory being low or whatever and reconfigured it from scratch.
As far as configuration it's fairly simple and I don't run anything on the router, just this Time Management.

On 65_2, ehhh.., it's ok. It was very weird as multiple devices were dropping out and acting like there wasn't an internet connection. I tried watching Netflix on a Samsung Tab A and it was stopping every 2-3min for a few seconds then resuming. On my Samsung S7e it was dropping my Splashtop connection every 20 seconds or so... and same on Surfacebook. I did power down the router and tried again with out any luck.
This morning I rolled back to 65 and everything went back to normal.
Not worried about that issue as much, I can skip a few or whatever :)

I am using Tri-Band Smart Connect and not sure if it would cause anything like that.

Thanks