What's new

RT-AC3200 + 380.65_2 = Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

deathbyburk

Occasional Visitor
Hi I saw in the main 380.65 thread that several people had issues with this combo and wanted to pull it out and start a separate discussion. I love the merlin line and this is the first time in a while that any firmware has given me such issues. I'll list the issues I noticed below. The network I manage has about 100 connections at any time 4 asus access points, 1 main (ac3200) asus router and countless switches and long distance point to point wireless connections. I know I shouldnt be using an ac3200 as a main dhcp/router but it has always worked until I can get my hands on the new ac828. So anyway the issues.

1. The webui interface is slow and constantly times out
2. The client list is out of its mind. 0 then 65 then 7 then 25 then 80 then 2 all in a 30 second period
3. DNS issues all over the place. 1/2 my network is down and saying gateway is not available. I can see any device accept for the main asus router on these devices hence no DNS server.
4. Revert back to 380.65 *poof* life is good
5. We use chromecasts for all the customer tvs. 12 to be exact. None are working. Connect directly to the main ac3200 results in repetitive disconnects other say they cant see the internet (assuming dns).
6. It seems to have isolated several terminals on the network to isolate from dns/internet. These terminals are not static IP but no matter how many times I rebooted the WHOLE network the same terminals were still isolated from seeing the router/internet. Guessing something MAC address related (excuse my ignorance im a 6/10 networking tech)

I plan on upgrading this router hopefully soon but wanted to point out i "Was" suffering from the same issues I see in the other posts. To hopefully help out others. PS My first post here :)

Same here, there is something very wrong with DNS on the RT-AC3200 with 380.65_2
Some clients just start failing to get any DNS queries through to anywhere, whether it be the router itself or outside public DNS servers, but other clients have no problem at all.

It appears to fix the problem for other users. I cant test as the router is part of a business network that can't afford to be taken down "intentionally" :). I'll wait for the next version as verion 65 works fine for me.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!