What's new

RT-AC3200 & Emerson Sensi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nikkisayswhat

New Around Here
I did a search and came up with one thread regarding this, but I am still having trouble getting my Emerson Sensi thermostat to connect to my AC3200.

I have tried setting the 2Ghz channel to legacy protection, auto, G only, it never seems to work. I can set the Sensi up just fine using my phone as a hotspot, but as soon as I try to connect it to my router it refuses to connect to the router. (It actually did connect ONCE somehow and immediately lost connection 10 seconds later)

Not sure what else I can do at this point, I know I could always set up a second router just for this thermostat but I would prefer to avoid that if possible.

I did a search and came up with one thread regarding this, but I am still having trouble getting my Emerson Sensi thermostat to connect to my AC3200.

I have tried setting the 2Ghz channel to legacy protection, auto, G only, it never seems to work. I can set the Sensi up just fine using my phone as a hotspot, but as soon as I try to connect it to my router it refuses to connect to the router. (It actually did connect ONCE somehow and immediately lost connection 10 seconds later)

Not sure what else I can do at this point, I know I could always set up a second router just for this thermostat but I would prefer to avoid that if possible.

Have you tried resetting the thermostat? Does it have any updated firmware available?

Have you tried using a new SSID (test with the Guest networks) which is 8 characters long, no spaces, no special characters, punctuation or smiley faces?

What firmware are you using on the RT-AC3200? When was the last time you did a reset to factory defaults after flashing the latest firmware on it?

Have you tried resetting the thermostat? Does it have any updated firmware available?

Have you tried using a new SSID (test with the Guest networks) which is 8 characters long, no spaces, no special characters, punctuation or smiley faces?

What firmware are you using on the RT-AC3200? When was the last time you did a reset to factory defaults after flashing the latest firmware on it?

There is no way to manually initiate a firmware update on the Sensi, it all happens automatically.

The router firmware was just updated a few weeks a go, although it has been a while since a full factory reset has been performed.

I haven't tried the guest network but I can give it a shot when I get home and see what it does.

Oddly enough when I just checked the Sensi app to see if there was a way to update the firmware, it looks like the stupid thing is now online again! I have no idea what the deal is with this thing, I have spent so much time getting it to work and it just decides all on its own to connect to the internet!

I may have to get one of those "add a power wire" and put a better thermostat on the wall, I really hate this thing! :mad:

Oddly enough when I just checked the Sensi app to see if there was a way to update the firmware, it looks like the stupid thing is now online again! I have no idea what the deal is with this thing, I have spent so much time getting it to work and it just decides all on its own to connect to the internet!

Have you disabled Airtime Fairness and Universal Beamforming for the 2.4 GHz band?

Does moving the router/AP to clear line-of-sight to the thermostat make a difference?

OE

Have you disabled Airtime Fairness and Universal Beamforming for the 2.4 GHz band?

I haven't no, I didn't even see those options listed on the web UI. I will take a look at it when I get home!

Does moving the router/AP to clear line-of-sight to the thermostat make a difference?

Due to where the modem is and where the thermostat is positioned, there is no way for it to face the thermostat directly, though its only about 15 feet away currently separated by one narrow wall.

Due to where the modem is and where the thermostat is positioned, there is no way for it to face the thermostat directly, though its only about 15 feet away currently separated by one narrow wall.

The point is to change the radio path, even if only temporarily to test. A spare, long Ethernet cable from modem to router WAN would likely permit this test. However, your description makes it sound like a moot test, unless there are some interfering objects inside that wall or the thermostat antenna placement/orientation/health is suspect... can you connect to your mobile hotspot at your router location?

OE

I would have to test it again with the phone where the router is to see, but I am not sure if thats the problem. Directly on from the thermostat is another wall and then my bedroom, WiFi signal is fine in there and that has the main electrical panel for the whole apartment in that line of site with no issues.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!