What's new

RT-AC3200 f/w 3.0.0.4_382_51634 issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tim

Regular Contributor
This f/w is being offered up in the router interface and on the ASUS UK website.

It doesn't work well. All 3 wifi bands were stuck on 20MHz width.
Rebooting or changing wifi settings did not fix the issue.

I reverted back to 3.0.0.4.382.51374 and everything is back to normal.

This f/w is being offered up in the router interface and on the ASUS UK website.

After flashing the latest firmware, did you do a full reset to factory defaults to make sure the new firmware has the best chance of working as it should? :)

hmmm nope. Suppose I will have to sometime. Total pain to re-enter all the setting.

hmmm nope. Suppose I will have to sometime. Total pain to re-enter all the setting.

Try first doing just an WPS reset, as it would only reset the wifi portion of your config. If it fails, then first make a backup of your current configuration, then do a factory default reset, and configure just the basics.

If the reset doesn't resolve your issue, then you can always restore the previous backup instead of reconfiguring everything.

Ok thanks. Never done a WPS reset before. I will try find the instructions.

I can confirm this issue as well, along with it not loading websites quickly seems its a DNS lookup issue, looking up and opening websites was slow to a crawl both on Wifi and ethernet. I reset to factory defaults using the reset button on the router and it was still happening, I reverted back to 3.0.0.4.382.51374 and everything is back to normal. What's the purpose of security updates if it's going to break the most simplest functionalities of the router. I've already contacted Asus and have sent them logs of the latest firmware. It's total crap in my opinion.

There is new firmware available that will fix your issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!