1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC3200 f/w 3.0.0.4_382_51634 issues

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by tim, May 15, 2019.

1. tim

tim Regular Contributor

This f/w is being offered up in the router interface and on the ASUS UK website.

It doesn't work well. All 3 wifi bands were stuck on 20MHz width.
    Rebooting or changing wifi settings did not fix the issue.

I reverted back to 3.0.0.4.382.51374 and everything is back to normal.

2. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

After flashing the latest firmware, did you do a full reset to factory defaults to make sure the new firmware has the best chance of working as it should? :)

3. tim

tim Regular Contributor

hmmm nope. Suppose I will have to sometime. Total pain to re-enter all the setting.

4. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Try first doing just an WPS reset, as it would only reset the wifi portion of your config. If it fails, then first make a backup of your current configuration, then do a factory default reset, and configure just the basics.

If the reset doesn't resolve your issue, then you can always restore the previous backup instead of reconfiguring everything.

5. tim

tim Regular Contributor

Ok thanks. Never done a WPS reset before. I will try find the instructions.

6. hbx

hbx New Around Here

I can confirm this issue as well, along with it not loading websites quickly seems its a DNS lookup issue, looking up and opening websites was slow to a crawl both on Wifi and ethernet. I reset to factory defaults using the reset button on the router and it was still happening, I reverted back to 3.0.0.4.382.51374 and everything is back to normal. What's the purpose of security updates if it's going to break the most simplest functionalities of the router. I've already contacted Asus and have sent them logs of the latest firmware. It's total crap in my opinion.