What's new

RT-AC3200 help required

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RayzerIRL

New Around Here
Hi all,

Can anyone help me out?

I have just bought an Asus RT-AC3200 router and I want to replace my existing router with it.

The problem is I don't see the setting I have been asked by my ISP to set in order to connect.

These are the setting they provided.

Username: eircom@eircom.net
Password: broadband1

Encapsulation: PPPoE
Multiplexing: LLC Based

VPI: 8
VCI: 35​

I can see where I input the username and password but not the Multiplexing, VPI and VCI settings.

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks

Hi all,

Can anyone help me out?

I have just bought an Asus RT-AC3200 router and I want to replace my existing router with it.

The problem is I don't see the setting I have been asked by my ISP to set in order to connect.

These are the setting they provided.

Username: eircom@eircom.net
Password: broadband1

Encapsulation: PPPoE
Multiplexing: LLC Based

VPI: 8
VCI: 35​

I can see where I input the username and password but not the Multiplexing, VPI and VCI settings.

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks

Hi , those settings are for your ADSL/ VDSL modem , not the router. This router is a cable model and does not have a modem on board.

OK, so I would need a ADSL/ VDSL modem and then connect my Asus RT-AC3200 router to it?

That is correct, I use a Draytek Vigor 130 , there are other makes around. I know from the Draytek user forum that the Vigor 130 has been used in your location. Your ISP may have a list of modems , or even have stock themselves.

Ok, work around. Put original modem to bridge mode and then set PPPoE username and password on the RT-AC3200. This also stops double NAT.

Thanks for all the advice.