What's new

RT-AC3200: latest firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

teranex

New Around Here
Yesterday I bought an Asus RT-AC3200. So far it seems to be a very nice router*. During initial setup it immediately installed a new firmware update and it is now running version 3.0.0.4.378_7838. When I let the router check for firmware updates it confirms that it is running the latest version. However on the Asus site, I just saw there are two newer versions of the firmware available (3.0.0.4.378.9135 & 3.0.0.4.378.9313), so I'm a bit confused why the router doesn't update to version 3.0.0.4.378.9313? I also installed the ASUS Router app, which explicitly tells me to manually upgrade the router to this new version. Is there any reason not to update (manually) and why the router not giving any hints of this newer version?

I'm also wondering what the easiest method is to be notified when a new firmware version is available?

* One strange problem I had with the inital setup: after configuring my wi-fi with my SSID and passphrase (which includes spaces) the wifi always disappeared after a few seconds (wifi led's went out on the router as well). After resetting, generating the 64 hex key manually using wpa_passphrase on my Linux laptop and using that as the passphrase everything started working without problems...

I've had this problem too. I contacted Asus about it and they said to update the router manually, so it seems to be a bug.

The auto-update server does not carry the same files as the manual download sites. Asus tends to only publish certain releases to the auto update server.

The auto-update server does not carry the same files as the manual download sites. Asus tends to only publish certain releases to the auto update server.
That is interesting. Do you know if there is any logic behind which files are pushed and which once aren't? It would seems logical in case of beta releases etc, but those new releases are not marked as such as far as I can see.

That is interesting. Do you know if there is any logic behind which files are pushed and which once aren't? It would seems logical in case of beta releases etc, but those new releases are not marked as such as far as I can see.

No idea.

I keep checking for the 68P firmware and the AC3200 is at the top of the list for the 68P.

For a while, 3200 firmware was also under the AC5300's firmware. Perhaps Asus has hired a trained monkey to do their firmware uploads and he's still working out the bugs, lol. (To anyone who reads this, please do not try flashing 3200 firmware onto a different router. Only bad things could ever come of it.)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9459 is shown on the ASUS support site but the files linked are invalid.
They are only 256 bytes long! Same for every OS category.

RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9459 is shown on the ASUS support site but the files linked are invalid.
They are only 256 bytes long! Same for every OS category.

Yes, everyone knows.

Monday (after the holiday) it may be fixed.

Yesterday I bought an Asus RT-AC3200. So far it seems to be a very nice router*. During initial setup it immediately installed a new firmware update and it is now running version 3.0.0.4.378_7838. When I let the router check for firmware updates it confirms that it is running the latest version. However on the Asus site, I just saw there are two newer versions of the firmware available (3.0.0.4.378.9135 & 3.0.0.4.378.9313), so I'm a bit confused why the router doesn't update to version 3.0.0.4.378.9313? I also installed the ASUS Router app, which explicitly tells me to manually upgrade the router to this new version. Is there any reason not to update (manually) and why the router not giving any hints of this newer version?

I'm also wondering what the easiest method is to be notified when a new firmware version is available?

* One strange problem I had with the inital setup: after configuring my wi-fi with my SSID and passphrase (which includes spaces) the wifi always disappeared after a few seconds (wifi led's went out on the router as well). After resetting, generating the 64 hex key manually using wpa_passphrase on my Linux laptop and using that as the passphrase everything started working without problems...
just use Merlin FW , it works

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!