What's new

RT-AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Deano

New Around Here
Hello and evening, I purchased the 3200 just before Christmas, I got round to installing this afternoon. On first install it advised a later firmware was available so I updated to the latest Asus firmware. I then attempted to install merlin. The firmware installed but always fails to run, I checked the sha cvn and it matches. Once flashed the router has power light and 4 Ethernet ports lit. The router seems to reset its self and I can not get into the setup page. I had to use the restore method to get the Asus firmware back on and up and running fine. I then attempted to use the firmware restore method to load merlin and again the same issues. Has anyone any idea what the single power light and 4 lights mean? Any idea on how I can get the merlin firmware on this unit?y
3.0.0.4.382_19466-g27029b5 Is the current running stock firmware.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hello and evening, I purchased the 3200 just before Christmas, I got round to installing this afternoon. On first install it advised a later firmware was available so I updated to the latest Asus firmware. I then attempted to install merlin. The firmware installed but always fails to run, I checked the sha cvn and it matches. Once flashed the router has power light and 4 Ethernet ports lit. The router seems to reset its self and I can not get into the setup page. I had to use the restore method to get the Asus firmware back on and up and running fine. I then attempted to use the firmware restore method to load merlin and again the same issues. Has anyone any idea what the single power light and 4 lights mean? Any idea on how I can get the merlin firmware on this unit?y
Thanks
Your model the ac3200 once flashed with the 382 code base cannot be backed out of. It changes the boot-loader and nvram partition. So 380.69 is not doable.

Thanks
New firmware by @RMerlin for your model will be coming in the next couple months please stand by.