What's new

RT-AC5300 3.0.0.4.384_20379 Fixed KRACK

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hichkas

New Around Here
i'm not active firmware in beta channel but after accidently click on check for update get new notification to update new firmware . and this is not in official page of asus RT-AC5300 ..weird !!!!!!!
ht6s_ac5300.jpg

i'm not active firmware in beta channel but after accidently click on check for update get new notification to update new firmware . and this is not in official page of asus RT-AC5300 ..weird !!!!!!!
ht6s_ac5300.jpg

According to backend server need more time for synchronization, i think you can found it on asus web side tomorrow.

According to backend server need more time for synchronization, i think you can found it on asus web side tomorrow.

Your engineers need to slow down. I'm still finishing debugging 384_10070, and now I've got 384_20287, 384_20308 and now 384_20379 GPL code to merge o_O

Just updated my AiMesh Router RT-AC5300 firmware to 3.0.0.4.384_20379 from Web GUI. Looks like everything is working as expected :) Thanks.

Your engineers need to slow down. I'm still finishing debugging 384_10070, and now I've got 384_20287, 384_20308 and now 384_20379 GPL code to merge o_O

Kinda nice seeing Asus right on top of things. Better rapid releases then very slow releases such as Netgear..

Kinda nice seeing Asus right on top of things. Better rapid releases then very slow releases such as Netgear..

I know, I was just kidding. I've never seen them release so many builds within such a short period of time, they usually had a mostly monthly cycle.

Release all of them before chinese new year holiday? :)

At least that Holiday means I will have some time to start catching up (since they won't be releasing anything new during that period) :)

@arthurlien: It this across the AiMesh supported devices or just the RT-AC5300?

Something about this firmware seems a lot faster on my rt-ac5300 than the prior version. I was hitting a case where CPU utililization was way up frequently. That seems to be fixed now, knock on wood. It's a tad troubling that nothing in the firmware description alludes to a change that would do that, unless somebody local was attempting to break into my network and that was the cause of it...

Something about this firmware seems a lot faster on my rt-ac5300 than the prior version. I was hitting a case where CPU utililization was way up frequently. That seems to be fixed now, knock on wood. It's a tad troubling that nothing in the firmware description alludes to a change that would do that, unless somebody local was attempting to break into my network and that was the cause of it...

Ive noticed that since official 287... I'm stoked for merlin to get a 308+ version running to be honest.. They work well for me on my 3100 but I miss his extras :)

Just updated my AiMesh Router RT-AC5300 firmware to 3.0.0.4.384_20379 from Web GUI. Looks like everything is working as expected :) Thanks.
After upgrading to 3.0.0.4.384_20379 i had several troubles with Wlan (disconnects, AirPlay did not work, performance low)
Reverted to 3.0.0.4.380_7743 and everything is ok again. Will wait for the next upgrade.

After upgrading to 3.0.0.4.384_20379 i had several troubles with Wlan (disconnects, AirPlay did not work, performance low)
Reverted to 3.0.0.4.380_7743 and everything is ok again. Will wait for the next upgrade.

Did you just upgrade the firmware or did you upgrade the firmware and then perform a full factory reset?

That's probably why you had issues. This is a major firmware upgrade and you need to do a factory reset. The latest release has been very stable.
I never did this before. Would i have to reconfigure the router after this. Incl. Vpn server, passwords etc. Or could i save the configuration and upload it?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!