1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC5300 3.0.0.4.384_20379 Fixed KRACK

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by Hichkas, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Hichkas

Hichkas New Around Here

i'm not active firmware in beta channel but after accidently click on check for update get new notification to update new firmware . and this is not in official page of asus RT-AC5300 ..weird !!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. arthurlien

arthurlien Very Senior Member

According to backend server need more time for synchronization, i think you can found it on asus web side tomorrow.

4. doc octopus

doc octopus Regular Contributor

also for gt-ac5300?

5. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Your engineers need to slow down. I'm still finishing debugging 384_10070, and now I've got 384_20287, 384_20308 and now 384_20379 GPL code to merge o_O

fax, scope666, arthurlien and 2 others like this.
  6. LimJK

LimJK Regular Contributor

Just updated my AiMesh Router RT-AC5300 firmware to 3.0.0.4.384_20379 from Web GUI. Looks like everything is working as expected :) Thanks.

arthurlien likes this.
  7. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Very Senior Member

Kinda nice seeing Asus right on top of things. Better rapid releases then very slow releases such as Netgear..

8. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

I know, I was just kidding. I've never seen them release so many builds within such a short period of time, they usually had a mostly monthly cycle.

fax, fearz, scope666 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Very Senior Member

Totally agree with that. :)

10. DummyPLUG

DummyPLUG Regular Contributor

Release all of them before chinese new year holiday? :)

maxbraketorque likes this.
  11. fearz

fearz Regular Contributor

You’re the king

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. rbdan

rbdan Occasional Visitor

Me too or is that #metoo

Dan

LimJK likes this.
  13. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

At least that Holiday means I will have some time to start catching up (since they won't be releasing anything new during that period) :)

14. visortgw

visortgw Senior Member

@arthurlien: It this across the AiMesh supported devices or just the RT-AC5300?

15. Puppa

Puppa Senior Member

Something about this firmware seems a lot faster on my rt-ac5300 than the prior version. I was hitting a case where CPU utililization was way up frequently. That seems to be fixed now, knock on wood. It's a tad troubling that nothing in the firmware description alludes to a change that would do that, unless somebody local was attempting to break into my network and that was the cause of it...

16. Sinner

Sinner Senior Member

Ive noticed that since official 287... I'm stoked for merlin to get a 308+ version running to be honest.. They work well for me on my 3100 but I miss his extras :)

17. Wawu

Wawu New Around Here

After upgrading to 3.0.0.4.384_20379 i had several troubles with Wlan (disconnects, AirPlay did not work, performance low)
    Reverted to 3.0.0.4.380_7743 and everything is ok again. Will wait for the next upgrade.

18. RandomName23

RandomName23 Regular Contributor

Did you just upgrade the firmware or did you upgrade the firmware and then perform a full factory reset?

19. Wawu

Wawu New Around Here

J
    just upgraded the firmware without factory reset.

20. RandomName23

RandomName23 Regular Contributor

That's probably why you had issues. This is a major firmware upgrade and you need to do a factory reset. The latest release has been very stable.

21. Wawu

Wawu New Around Here

I never did this before. Would i have to reconfigure the router after this. Incl. Vpn server, passwords etc. Or could i save the configuration and upload it?

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!