What's new

RT-AC5300: 5GHz-2 band disconnecting from Apple devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Logi

I am using the RT-AC5300 with all 3 wifi bands separated, I use for my Apple devices (MacBook 2016, iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro 12.9) the second 5GHz-2 band, and 2-3 times a week when I get home from work none of the Apple devices will connect to the second 5GHz-2 Band, it will give me an error on the iDevice "unable to connect", then if I try to connect to the first 5GHz-1 band everything will be fine, I have to turn off the 5GHz-2 Band to be able to connect to the iDevices successfully. Below is the configuration, any idea on the possible problem? It happens with the latest official Asus FW or with the latest Merlin FW.

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 19.22.15.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 19.21.59.png

Hi, logi

I have the RT-AC5300 & 2 apple products on my network this is my Wi-Fi setup no drop outs

Firmware:380.66_alpha4

DVGTmyO.png

KE0JtHK.png

Hi, logi

I have the RT-AC5300 & 2 apple products on my network this is my Wi-Fi setup no drop outs

Firmware:380.66_alpha4

Thanks Martin, I am using the exact same FW now, I implemented your configuration, I just left the 5GHz-2 channel on 149 instead of Auto and I am not hiding the SSID.

Last edited:
I would try various ones or using the site survey feature. Keep in mind not all channels are available in every country. That goes for the router and client.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!