What's new

RT-AC5300 and RT-AC68U New Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.21140

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zvqra

Occasional Visitor
Version 3.0.0.4.384.21140 2018/07/10 45.93 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.21140
- Fixed bugs.
- Improved system stability.

Download under MacOS for now.
:)

Version 3.0.0.4.384.21140 2018/07/10 45.93 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.21140
- Fixed bugs.
- Improved system stability.

Download under MacOS for now.
:)
Thanks for the heads-up. But why does the host OS matter? Isn't it just a zipped trx file?

I checked for firmware update on the router itself and it was showing for me. Updated without a factory reset for now, working fine (non-AIMesh setup).

Thanks for the heads-up. But why does the host OS matter? Isn't it just a zipped trx file?

I'm thinking he was just saying that he saw it on their website under that OS. They slowly update the website so you will find it under various OSes and not under others. As far as the file is concerned, you are right, it is the same exact thing.

It's actually also available for GT-AC5300 as auto update. Let's see what's improved.

I checked for firmware update on the router itself and it was showing for me. Updated without a factory reset for now, working fine (non-AIMesh setup).
so how important is the factory reset post update? i've nver done one.

Used the above direct download link. Anyone know what the MD5 is for the 68U?
I got MD-5: 5249A5AA1516282422E8474D81D462BC

i wonder if this fixes the Media Bridge crashes.
I'm curious what a Media Bridge does that an AiMesh node doesn't. Full disclosure, I've never found a purpose for Media Bridge. The only thing I can think of that isn't supported is Guest lan on the node. I guess that might be a show-stopper for some purposes.

I'm curious what a Media Bridge does that an AiMesh node doesn't. Full disclosure, I've never found a purpose for Media Bridge. The only thing I can think of that isn't supported is Guest lan on the node. I guess that might be a show-stopper for some purposes.
Media Bridge is for connecting older wireless devices (801.11b, 802.11g) and/or connecting devices without wireless interfaces to your network. It is a great use for older routers that have been retired.

I use mine to connect POE security cameras to my main router in locations where I don't have a hardwired port available.

I could use it as an Aimesh node but I don't need the additional WiFi coverage and would rather keep the connection only for the cams.

Wouldn't a repeater, or node do the same thing?
The optimal way to accomplish my goal is to run a cable to an ethernet switch. I am just replacing the cable with three wireless-N streams. A wireless repeater or a mesh node would be even less optimal.

i wonder if this fixes the Media Bridge crashes.
I been using RT-AC68U as Media Bridge for 9 month it never crashed on me …
here is print screen -time from last power outage ..

Attachments

• RT-AC68.jpg
    RT-AC68.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 860
Going to hold off for a few on this firmware to see how/if others chime in on their RT-AC1900p's .

My AiMesh setup can be seen in my signature. I have been running this new firmware since its release. Here is what I have noticed after a factory reset of all nodes and Main (manually reconfigured settings), after firmware update applied:

1. The WIFI signal strength seems a little weaker with this new firmware.
  2. I have also noticed at times that when checking the Wireless System log via the GUI interface, I cannot always see the mac addresses sometimes for different nodes within the different wireless bands. Even though according to GUI the node/s are still connected and working and I can confirm that they are indeed still working. It’s random and across different nodes. The biggest offender to this is the 2.4GHZ band, i.e. the mac address for the 5GHZ band is displaying as connected but not the 2.4GHZ at times for a node. I can see via WIFI analyzer and inSSIDer that the node is transmitting that band but according to the Wireless log that band it’s not connected to the main AiMesh router. Is this a correct function of AiMesh?
  3. The View client list via the web GUI is still very unstable
  4. Still no guest accounts on nodes available
  5. Still no option to manually or schedule reboot of nodes
  6. Still can’t view which interface (band) clients are connected to, for each node, via the web GUI for the node display
  7. All else has been stable to date.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!