What's new

RT-AC5300 DHCP 64 IP address manual assignment limit (386 beta 2)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wurt

New Around Here
Hi @RMerlin - I think I spotted an issue with the RT-AC5300 not picking up the correct manual IP address reservation limit - I'm sure I used to be able to put more than 64 in here? Apologies if this is not the case!
Capture.JPG

I also think there’s a distinction between supporting 253 dhcp addresses in total, versus supporting 64 (formerly 128) DHCP manual assignments.

Already discussed in the beta 2 thread.

I swear I searched this forum before I posted because I didn't want to duplicate something!

Is there anything that can be done about it or would I have to do manual configuration rather than through the interface?

Thanks again for all you do!

I also think there’s a distinction between supporting 253 dhcp addresses in total, versus supporting 64 (formerly 128) DHCP manual assignments.
Yeah I am aware of that distinction which is why I tried to get my post worded in the right way. I'm sad that 128 is now not an option because I had more than 64 reserved I think initially. :-(

dnsmasq.conf.add can fix you up.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!