RT-AC5300 DHCP 64 IP address manual assignment limit (386 beta 2)

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

wurt

New Around Here
Hi @RMerlin - I think I spotted an issue with the RT-AC5300 not picking up the correct manual IP address reservation limit - I'm sure I used to be able to put more than 64 in here? Apologies if this is not the case!
Capture.JPG

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev

dave14305

Part of the Furniture
I also think there’s a distinction between supporting 253 dhcp addresses in total, versus supporting 64 (formerly 128) DHCP manual assignments.

wurt

New Around Here
Already discussed in the beta 2 thread.

I swear I searched this forum before I posted because I didn't want to duplicate something!

Is there anything that can be done about it or would I have to do manual configuration rather than through the interface?

Thanks again for all you do!

wurt

New Around Here
I also think there’s a distinction between supporting 253 dhcp addresses in total, versus supporting 64 (formerly 128) DHCP manual assignments.
Yeah I am aware of that distinction which is why I tried to get my post worded in the right way. I'm sad that 128 is now not an option because I had more than 64 reserved I think initially. :-(

JGrana

Very Senior Member
dnsmasq.conf.add can fix you up.