What's new

RT-AC5300: No 5 GHz radio

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ahmetoz27

New Around Here
Hello guys, i have with RT-AC5300 modem 5GHZ doesnt work and light is off, i tried everything but cant solve the issue 2.4 ghz works normal. Can anyone help and guide me please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same problem 5.0 GHZ turned on in but The MAC address of 5GHz-1 and 5GHz-2 is empty. I cant find any solution...

Perhaps your router decided to retire. In this case your only solution is a new router.

I have installed now Freshtomato but cannot see any 5ghz settings here but in command like looks like ther is 5ghz.
XML:
FreshTomato Web Shell ready.                                                                

size: 56380 bytes (74692 left)                                                              
 ========================================================                                    
 Welcome to the Asus RT-AC5300 [FreshTomato]                                                
 Date: Thu Jan 1 1970                                                                        
 Time: 01:12:38 up 12 min                                                                    
 Load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.04                                                              
 Mem usage: 5.7 (used 28.65 of 503.18 MB)                                                    
 LAN1: 192.168.1.1/24 @ DHCP: 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.50                                    
 WL0 : 2.4GHz @ Asus @ channel: 13 @ 9C:5C:8E:4B:DE:90        THIS IS WORKING                              
 WL1 : 5GHz @ Asus @ channel: 36 @ 9C:5C:8E:4B:DE:94                         NOT WORKING          
 WL2 : 5GHz @ Asus @ channel: 100 @ 9C:5C:8E:4B:DE:98                         NOT WORKING                
 ========================================================

Attachments

• 2023-06-07.png
    2023-06-07.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 2023-06-07 (1).png
    2023-06-07 (1).png
    141.9 KB · Views: 31
If the router's hardware is defective firmware change won't help.

Hello guys, i have with RT-AC5300 modem 5GHZ doesnt work and light is off, i tried everything but cant solve the issue 2.4 ghz works normal. Can anyone help and guide me please.
if you cant see the MAC ID in the setup page, then the radio has gone kaput. I also have a RT-AC5300 where the high band 5ghz radio is gone. It is hardware issue and nothing will bring it back ...

You can throw it away and buy a new All-In-One home router or you can use it as a Wired Router with radios disabled and antennas removed feeding an Access Point. This is the most cost-effective solution. Something like EAP245v3 is about $90 and comes with PoE injector. This RT-AC5300 router has older hardware, no firmware update for >1 year and seems like it's in unofficial End-of-Life state. It will never receive 388 firmware either. If only one Access Point (AIO router) is needed for your place I personally would buy an new AIO router, but not an overpriced tri-band spider model. More like compact size and much newer and faster hardware RT-AX86S. It's about $140 on sale. I don't know what country you live in though and what your local market is.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!