What's new

RT-AC5300 OpenVPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

node

Occasional Visitor
I am running 386.7_2 on my AC5300 and running my own OpenVPN server located 6000 miles away from my current location. The Router VPN shows connected, and I have check DNSLEAK and no issues there.

My IP phone has it owns OpenVPN configuration and CA : CRT, & RSA keys files also, and connect to my AC5300 Router; Note; my IP phone is not connecting to any VPN configuration in the router, it is connecting without going through the VPN in the router. The IP phone connects fine to my OpenVPN server this way.

However, if I remove these OpenVPN files from my IP phone and connect my IP phone to my Router via the same OpenVPN in the router and which shows connected to my VPN server, the IP phone will not connect to the Server.

I tested the same on my laptop, If I start OpenVPN application on my laptop it connects to my server fine, and I am able to connect to any of my devices where the server is located by IP address. If I stop the OpenVPN application on the laptop and connect to the Router OpenVPN to my server, it connects, but cannot access any device located where my server is by their IP address.

I am running 386.7_2 on my AC5300 and running my own OpenVPN server located 6000 miles away from my current location. The Router VPN shows connected, and I have check DNSLEAK and no issues there.

My IP phone has it owns OpenVPN configuration and CA : CRT, & RSA keys files also, and connect to my AC5300 Router; Note; my IP phone is not connecting to any VPN configuration in the router, it is connecting without going through the VPN in the router. The IP phone connects fine to my OpenVPN server this way.

However, if I remove these OpenVPN files from my IP phone and connect my IP phone to my Router via the same OpenVPN in the router and which shows connected to my VPN server, the IP phone will not connect to the Server.

I tested the same on my laptop, If I start OpenVPN application on my laptop it connects to my server fine, and I am able to connect to any of my devices where the server is located by IP address. If I stop the OpenVPN application on the laptop and connect to the Router OpenVPN to my server, it connects, but cannot access any device located where my server is by their IP address.
I figured it out

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!