What's new

RT-AC5300 + RT-AC68U AIMesh cannot find node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

InfiniteLoop

New Around Here
Firmware: 5300: 3.0.0.4.384_20648
Firmware: 68u: 3.0.0.4.384_20648

5300 set up as AImesh router, 68u as node, reset to factory on 68u like 9 times now but the search never finds it ever.

Not sure what else I can do but replace the routers thinking they might be bad. I've connected them via eathernet cables and got nothing. I can see the beacon and I see the 68u's wireless lights flash when the search is happening but they don't seem to find each other.

Boo I was really looking forward to this.

Last edited:
Firmware: 5300: 3.0.0.4.384_20648
Firmware: 68u: 3.0.0.4.384_20648

5300 set up as AImesh router, 68u as node, reset to factory on 68u like 9 times now but the search never finds it ever.

Not sure what else I can do but replace the routers thinking they might be bad. I've connected them via eathernet cables and got nothing. I can see the beacon and I see the 68u's wireless lights flash when the search is happening but they don't seem to find each other.

Boo I was really looking forward to this.

Please use 20379 for your RT-AC5300.

And that did it... go regression testing.

I was having the same issue with my AC5300 and an AC88U and was just about to go back to the older firmware but decided to check the revision history.

Asus released firmware 20942 which includes "improved AiMesh Performance" along with a bunch of CVE's and other vulns. Installed this as I'd rather have the security than have AiMesh - it really is non-negotiable as far as I'm concerned - but you'll be happy to know that AiMesh now works just fine, so I'd recommend going with that one instead.

VPNFilter has put me off regressing firmware to fix bugs, but also I'm hoping it will make router manufacturers put a bit more resource into developing firmware - which should not only improve security but also improve quality overall ... well, we call all live in hope.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!