1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC5300 + RT-AC68U AIMesh cannot find node

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by InfiniteLoop, May 2, 2018.

1. InfiniteLoop

InfiniteLoop New Around Here

Firmware: 5300: 3.0.0.4.384_20648
    Firmware: 68u: 3.0.0.4.384_20648

5300 set up as AImesh router, 68u as node, reset to factory on 68u like 9 times now but the search never finds it ever.

Not sure what else I can do but replace the routers thinking they might be bad. I've connected them via eathernet cables and got nothing. I can see the beacon and I see the 68u's wireless lights flash when the search is happening but they don't seem to find each other.

Boo I was really looking forward to this.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    arthurlien likes this.
  2. arthurlien

arthurlien Very Senior Member

Please use 20379 for your RT-AC5300.

3. InfiniteLoop

InfiniteLoop New Around Here

And that did it... go regression testing.

4. Rainman

Rainman New Around Here

I was having the same issue with my AC5300 and an AC88U and was just about to go back to the older firmware but decided to check the revision history.

Asus released firmware 20942 which includes "improved AiMesh Performance" along with a bunch of CVE's and other vulns. Installed this as I'd rather have the security than have AiMesh - it really is non-negotiable as far as I'm concerned - but you'll be happy to know that AiMesh now works just fine, so I'd recommend going with that one instead.

VPNFilter has put me off regressing firmware to fix bugs, but also I'm hoping it will make router manufacturers put a bit more resource into developing firmware - which should not only improve security but also improve quality overall ... well, we call all live in hope.