What's new

RT-AC5300 upgrade 21140 from 21045-NO ISSUES :)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jim Kirk

Occasional Visitor
My mesh setup is shown in the signature. Upgraded today, 7/11/2018.

Used the Web GUI to update the mesh (parent and two nodes) from 21045. Single click did all 3 routers.

No reboot needed. Took about 5 minutes from clicking Administration>check update>then click on update.

When parent finished the update it came back to the web interface (signed in again) and both nodes were showing with clients attached.

No issues at all so go-for-it with some confidence the update works. :)

Maybe next update I'll try from the Router IOS app but for the last two updates, 21045 and now 21140, I used the web interface and had no problems.

If someone updates via the IOS app (and they have an RT-AC5300 parent and an RT-AC5300 node) please post how it went.

Jim Kirk

Maybe next update I'll try from the Router IOS app but for the last two updates, 21045 and now 21140, I used the web interface and had no problems.

If someone updates via the IOS app (and they have an RT-AC5300 parent and an RT-AC5300 node) please post how it went.

Jim,
This time round I did the Firmware Upgrade using the current iOS ASUS Router App, it went very smoothly:), no extra reboot needed. I let it run for 2 days just to be sure it is stable. Tonight I go back to my old self to factory reset all my AiMesh Router and Nodes with the new Firmware, it went smoothly as well.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!