What's new

RT-AC5300 Wireless VPN Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Leila

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm trying to program my VPN into the ASUS RT-AC5300 router through OpenVPN, but after initial hardware setup, going into my control panel, there are no VPN or WAN tabs under the Advanced Settings header. I was instructed by ASUS to upload older firmware, which I did. I tried (3.0.0.4.384.32738, 3.0.0.4.384.21140, 3.0.0.4.384.21045, 3.0.0.4.384.20942), but no luck (3.0.0.4.380.1355 on back gave me invalid pop ups). Anyone have any ideas on how this can be fixed? Thank you!

You should be able to see a VPN tab on the left side of your GUI (somewhere IPv6 and Firewall tabs.

May want to restore your router first and see if it shows up. Once you see it, click on it and choose VPN Server or VPN Client depending on what you would like to set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other option would be to download your firmware version to a folder in your computer and then manually upload it to your router.

Then make sure to perform a restore.

If that doesn’t help, then you may want to consider returning your router. Hopefully it is still under warranty so you can get a new one.

Good luck!

Thank you for the reply! That's the thing - it's not there. I don't have a WAN or IPv6 tab either. I only have the Wireless, LAN, Admin, System Log, and Network Tools tabs. I can try restoring everything back to factory settings though. I haven't tried that yet.

The other option would be to download your firmware version to a folder in your computer and then manually upload it to your router.

Then make sure to perform a restore.

If that doesn’t help, then you may want to consider returning your router. Hopefully it is still under warranty so you can get a new one.

Good luck!

I also manually uploaded the firmware versions I stated in my initial post. That didn't fix it either. :-(

I also manually uploaded the firmware versions I stated in my initial post. That didn't fix it either. :-(

If you are interested, try downloading the latest Merlin FW for this router from his website (version 384.7) and see if that does the trick.

Make sure to restore after each upload.

If that doesn’t work, return it.

If you are interested, try downloading the latest Merlin FW for this router from his website (version 384.7) and see if that does the trick.

Make sure to restore after each upload.

If that doesn’t work, return it.

Thank you!!

Those options are only available while running in Router mode, they won't show up in AP/Repeater/Bridge mode.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!