What's new

RT-AC5300 with 386.5_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Howard_inGA

So there is just a few bits of weirdness currently going on with my router:

1. With router reset to factory via the gui, I get full speed (equal to modem/computer direct test) from my modem/router combo. After my fairly simple config is loaded, I'm losing 250mbps? With nothing set, 950mbps. After config, 600-750 max, consistently.
2. The last 3 updates to the software have prevented accessing the modem through the router at address: 192.168.100.1 This address had been easily accessible without the need to hardwire the computer to the modem to do so. If I go through that flail, then the modem gui logs in normally without a hitch? With the router factory reset as described, it still refuses to resolve this address and connect to the gui?
3. The NAS indicates trouble contacting the update server, so that may be part of it? I had no trouble contacting QNAP servers, downloading it manually, and installing the update?
4. Nord default servers for the WAN page recommended setup for DNS servers have been up/down today. I've switched to google or auto so as to restore service.

Logs aren't showing anything that I don't recognize, so I'm at a loss.

Are you using a saved backup config file to set up the router with? If so, don't.

No, I did it manually, but may do it again...

With nothing set, 950mbps. After config, 600-750 max, consistently.

You will have this drop to 750Mbps, if you have AiProtection and Adaptive QoS enabled. You will have another drop down to 300Mbps, if you have Bandwidth Limiter or Traditional QoS enabled. The router can do up to Gigabit, but not always and guaranteed. It depends on your configuration.

2. The last 3 updates to the software have prevented accessing the modem through the router at address: 192.168.100.1 This address had been easily accessible without the need to hardwire the computer to the modem to do so. If I go through that flail, then the modem gui logs in normally without a hitch? With the router factory reset as described, it still refuses to resolve this address and connect to the gui?
So, I've got the speed back by dropping just QOS. The DNS server thing was/is a Nord problem, best as I can determine.
Only thing left now is to restore the ability to get to the modem gui at 192.168.100.1...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!