What's new

RT-AC5300 Woes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi guys - first post! Looking for a little bit of help! I've had this AC5300 for several years and it's been great. I've just recently started having issues with it, but I'm not able to figure out what any of this stuff means. Not sure what all info you'd need, but here's the issue(s) that I'm having...

Feb 24 18:55:09 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(458): wl1.1: Deauth_ind 50:1A:C5:01:54:58, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Feb 24 18:55:09 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(458): wl1.1: Deauth_ind 50:1A:C5:01:54:58, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Feb 24 18:55:09 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(458): eth2: Deauth_ind 50:1A:C5:01:54:58, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Feb 24 18:55:09 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(458): eth2: Deauth_ind 50:1A:C5:01:54:58, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)

These 2 messages are LOADING down my logs. I've searched for the answers to why this keeps happening but I'm not able to find anything useful at all. I came across a thread somewhere that gave lots of ideas but none of them were successful.

Feb 24 19:47:25 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(492): eth3: Auth B8:63:4D:17:86:30, status: Successful (0)
Feb 24 19:47:25 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(502): eth3: ReAssoc B8:63:4D:17:86:30, status: Successful (0)
Feb 24 19:47:25 acsd: There are still associated scbs, avoid channel switch(txfail_thresh)
Feb 24 19:47:25 acsd: There are still associated scbs, avoid channel switch(txfail_thresh)

These are also riddled throughout the logs... not sure what this is either...

Feb 24 21:05:14 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(458): eth3: Deauth_ind F8:E9:4E:91:0F:DE, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)

This one was the major issue prior to what I'm about to tell you in my troubleshooting steps.

Steps I've taken:
1 - upgraded to the latest STABLE firmware (this changed nothing)
2 - upgraded to the latest BETA firmware (this also changed nothing)
3 - downgraded to 3.0.0.4.384_81622-g1a80b89 (found on another site that advised this)
4 - Went to Wireless > Professional and turned off Roaming Assistant (also advised via another site)

I'm beyond annoyed by all of this... I've been having so many issues with this router lately and I'm about fed up with it. For a little more background info, check this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeNetworking/comments/f70ewk/att_router_home_networking_woes/ - I've been searching for help everywhere! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi guys - first post! Looking for a little bit of help! I've had this AC5300 for several years and it's been great. I've just recently started having issues with it, but I'm not able to figure out what any of this stuff means. Not sure what all info you'd need, but here's the issue(s) that I'm having...

These 2 messages are LOADING down my logs. I've searched for the answers to why this keeps happening but I'm not able to find anything useful at all. I came across a thread somewhere that gave lots of ideas but none of them were successful.

Feb 24 19:47:25 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(492): eth3: Auth B8:63:4D:17:86:30, status: Successful (0)
Feb 24 19:47:25 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(502): eth3: ReAssoc B8:63:4D:17:86:30, status: Successful (0)

These are also riddled throughout the logs... not sure what this is either...

Feb 24 21:05:14 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(458): eth3: Deauth_ind F8:E9:4E:91:0F:DE, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)

This one was the major issue prior to what I'm about to tell you in my troubleshooting steps.

Steps I've taken:
1 - upgraded to the latest STABLE firmware (this changed nothing)
2 - upgraded to the latest BETA firmware (this also changed nothing)
3 - downgraded to 3.0.0.4.384_81622-g1a80b89 (found on another site that advised this)
4 - Went to Wireless > Professional and turned off Roaming Assistant (also advised via another site)

I'm beyond annoyed by all of this... I've been having so many issues with this router lately and I'm about fed up with it. For a little more background info, check this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeNetworking/comments/f70ewk/att_router_home_networking_woes/ - I've been searching for help everywhere! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I would put the current stock firmware on it, reset it, and configure it per my notes for separate SSIDs and fixed channels.

OE

I have searched for information on this "There are still associated scbs, avoid channel switch(txfail_thresh)" but have found none on SNB. I too, would like to better understand the meaning. I am seeing the same logs as the OP. Thanks.

The same here, Issue persists anybody have idea what is the problem? Internet getting issu3s, youtube is working , doze pages are not

Hello, has anyone figured this out? My RT-SC88U syslog is getting MANY of the following:

acsd: There are still associated scbs, avoid channel switch(txfail_thresh)​

This is a bug in the Asus code, and is probably related to a repeater somewhere in your network. Like the poster in the Reddit thread, I have a Netgear extender that causes the router to throw these codes. It's not affecting the overall stability of my network, and I stopped the display of the messages by changing the threshold for Syslog, making it less verbose. This happens in the Asuswrt "official" fw as well as the RMerlin fw (much better, IMHO). And you can set Syslog verbosity through the router GUI in the RMerlin fw. I changed the setting for "Log only messages more urgent than" from "Info" to "Notice".
https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeNetworking/comments/dni25k/asus_rtac88u_rtac5300_dropping_wifi_every_5/

This is a bug in the Asus code, and is probably related to a repeater somewhere in your network. Like the poster in the Reddit thread, I have a Netgear extender that causes the router to throw these codes. It's not affecting the overall stability of my network, and I stopped the display of the messages by changing the threshold for Syslog, making it less verbose. This happens in the Asuswrt "official" fw as well as the RMerlin fw (much better, IMHO). And you can set Syslog verbosity through the router GUI in the RMerlin fw. I changed the setting for "Log only messages more urgent than" from "Info" to "Notice".
https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeNetworking/comments/dni25k/asus_rtac88u_rtac5300_dropping_wifi_every_5/
Thanks for the info. I don't THINK I have a repeater but I do have a semi-complicated thing:

I just upgraded to a new security system that has added some wireless stuff. It has two clients linking to my router: "hon-grip-generic" (which I think is my main control panel -- the "hon" is "honeywell") and SCE6A27B (which I'm pretty sure is the doorbell camera) These are both 2.4 GHz. The existing, wired, sensors connect to a new box that converts wired to wireless signals but I think it is some technology other than WiFi. One of my attempts to narrow down the problem involved turning off the 2.4 radio, to no effect.

As for it being a bug in the ASUS firmware, that is my belief and you are confirming it. I could do better troubleshooting but I'm not inclined so I'll just wait for a firmware update and hope. I do not feel like being an unpaid ASUS tester!

The ASUS tech support people are clueless. Email back-and-forth made no progress in tracking this down. They wanted me to pay (being out of warranty) to ship it to a repair center. How they could come to this conclusion when, as I told them, the problem comes and goes with the firmware update.

I joined this forum for the same issue. I have the same hardware as OP with the latest Asusmerlin Firmware.
My log is filled with:

acsd: There are still associated scbs, avoid channel switch(txfail_thresh)

I only get 1/3 of my internet speed when my router gets into this error. A reboot fixes the issue but then comes back multiple times a day.

EDIT: I found the real culprit of my slow internet speed. Its not the error above. It's actually my router overheating when my routers core are at constant 100%. I investigated by checking the process running and found out that the auto channel selection is the culprit. I turned it off in ASUS web ui(Wireless - General - Control Channel). Select a channel instead of auto. You can select the best channel by using inSSIDer or WiFi inspector. Now my cores and router temperature are at normal range. It's been running flawlessly for 3 days without needing reboot. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!