1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC55U Samba network share, doesnt show.

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by Mannomorth, Dec 7, 2018 at 12:50 PM.

1. Mannomorth

Mannomorth New Around Here

I am having some major issue with my RT-AC55U, I have attached an external harddrive to the router to use as a network harddrive.

I had it working previously but now after a time of not using it and updating/factory resetting the router it no longer works.

Ive tried to follow the official guide from asus to no avail.
    SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support is enabled in Windows.

I am able to start an FTP server and access the files thru there but then i am not able to edit files and move them around or even play videofiles on the harddrive.

2.png 2.png
    I have tried and tried and i have now pretty much given up. I would be so helpful if someone can see what i am doing wrong. thanks!

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      163.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 2:14 PM
  2. Mannomorth

Update:
    I am able to find and open samba network HDD with another Windows 10 computer so clearly the issue is with the computer and not the router.

Does anyone know what could prevent the computer to find the network?

Attached is a picture from the other Win10 computer where the network is clearly visible (RT-AC55U-A0C8)

Attached Files:

3. Mannomorth

Update 2 [SOLVED]:

The issue was actually that the service "Workstation" was corrupt, after a quick sfc /scannow problem was solved.