What's new

RT-AC55U Samba network share, doesnt show.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mannomorth

New Around Here
I am having some major issue with my RT-AC55U, I have attached an external harddrive to the router to use as a network harddrive.

I had it working previously but now after a time of not using it and updating/factory resetting the router it no longer works.

Ive tried to follow the official guide from asus to no avail.
SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support is enabled in Windows.

I am able to start an FTP server and access the files thru there but then i am not able to edit files and move them around or even play videofiles on the harddrive.

2.png2.png
I have tried and tried and i have now pretty much given up. I would be so helpful if someone can see what i am doing wrong. thanks!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
Update:
I am able to find and open samba network HDD with another Windows 10 computer so clearly the issue is with the computer and not the router.

Does anyone know what could prevent the computer to find the network?

Attached is a picture from the other Win10 computer where the network is clearly visible (RT-AC55U-A0C8)

Attachments

• IMG_20181207_223446.jpg
    IMG_20181207_223446.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 441
Update 2 [SOLVED]:

The issue was actually that the service "Workstation" was corrupt, after a quick sfc /scannow problem was solved.