What's new

RT-AC56R Cannot flash anything!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Krekski

New Around Here
Hey everyone!

I have an RT-AC56R that will not flash anything at all, this includes stock, merlin, and dd-wrt.

I used to have dd-wrt on this but decided to try Merlin. I quickly realized that this router will not take any flash.

From the DD-WRT web panel, it would claim success, but would always reboot back to the old dd-wrt build. I have also tried the router recovery tool and the recovery web interface, but it will always reset before the upload is complete. I have tried the oldest stock build (21MB) from the asus website and it will still not work. Same issue happens if I use the TFTP flash method.

I came across this https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_TFTP_Flash and used the nvram_clear and recover files, but the router will still not take any real firmware build. Now I have a paperweight router, but I can still get it in to recovery mode.

Any suggestions on what I should do next?

Thanks Colin, tried to post that in this thread but the anti-spam throttled me and I completely forgot.