1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

rt-ac56u firmware update

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by okey, Jun 21, 2018.

1. okey

okey Occasional Visitor

just a quick question, I have an rt-ac56u with 378.55 firmware on it, is it possible to update from 378.55 to 384.5 or is this too much of a jump??

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Expect to do a factory default reset afterward, and manually reconfiguring everything.

4. okey

okey Occasional Visitor

ok thanks, but a big jump to 384.5 is fine, I have only just set the router up to run with my openreach modem for sky fibre, and at the moment everything running fine, just wanted to run the latest firmware really

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!