What's new

RT-AC56U FTP can't add FTP accounts.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

speedingcheetah

I am trying to enable the FTP share for the usb drive I have plugged in.

However, when I go to add other accounts....it just says "Processing..." and never does anything.

I have tried the Wizard...and the best I get is the admin account and a limited one called "Family"...if i try to edit the family account...I still get the "Processing" screen.

ASUS RT-AC56U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.339

I had the same problem on my AC66U. Restarted the router and started with adding an account under the Network tab. After that it worked fine to add another FTP-account.

First post!

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

Running the (excellent!) Merlin Firmware, v3.0.0.4.374.35_4 and I am unable to create a new account and unable to create new folders. It will sit saying processing but never complete, just sit there with the spinning icon.

You can correctly assign them.

Thought it was the cheap USB drive I was using so purchased a new one just in case and same issue. I am able to partition the drive and point one partition to the time machine backup (the main reason for purchase) and that seems to work correctly - I would prefer to be able to create a new account with permissions just for the time capsule backup.

Anything I can try? I have reset to factory settings but I don't know how fresh out of the box factory that makes it. Are the users stored somewhere in a config file I could edit manually?

Thanks

Just switched back to Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.374_339 and the problem still exists. Can I do a full factory reset?

Running the (excellent!) Merlin Firmware, v3.0.0.4.374.35_4 and I am unable to create a new account and unable to create new folders. It will sit saying processing but never complete, just sit there with the spinning icon.

This is a known issue. It's a compatibility issue with recent builds of Chrome, for the time being use a different browser when editing users or disk folders.

This is a known issue. It's a compatibility issue with recent builds of Chrome, for the time being use a different browser when editing users or disk folders.

Didn't think to try another browser.....

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!