What's new

RT-AC56U: multiple wlans on multiple bridges - auth not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

captain-graubart

New Around Here
yesterday I created a new issue on the asuswrt-merlin repository. i hope you guys can help me out. :)

************************************ start ************************************
first of all: the setup already works with no authentication.

the router is in AP mode, just passing all the (tagged) stuff to another machine, which acts as a dhcp server. on the server side the vlan ids are used to provide an ip from a given subnet (192.168.x.0/24, where x corresponds to a vlan id).

the switch has been successfully configured (using et robowr x x x) for handling vlan ids 11, 12 and 13 correctly.

this is how the bridges are configured:

/ # brctl show
bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
br0 8000.60a44c6b6808 no

br-ap11 8000.60a44c6b6808 no
vlan11
wl0.1
wl1.1

br-ap12 8000.60a44c6b6808 no
vlan12
wl0.2
wl1.2

br-ap13 8000.60a44c6b6808 no
vlan13
wl0.3
wl1.3

as i mentioned, everything works perfectly with no authentification. however, authentification starts to work if i change the value of "lan_ifname" (nvram) from br0 to br-apN and restart eapd. this only works for one bridge at a time.

tomato seems to support multiple lans (lanX_ifname):
http://repo.or.cz/w/tomato.git/blob...61a287b6c01683:/release/src-rt/wl/eapd/eapd.c

what options I have to reach my goal?

************************************ end ************************************

i've found a similiar issue (Bridging a VLAN to a VAP works perfectly if I disable all authentication..) but it is not marked as solved and doesn't provide any hints on how to fix it.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!