What's new

RT-AC56U Port forwarding table getting empty

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gali

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

On firmware RT-AC56U: 384.6

Since a couple of month my forwarding table is getting empty. So i filled it again several times and then

since 2 days i can't any more fill it. No setting saved after clicking save button.

what's wrong ? any ideas ?

Thanks a lot.

How much free nvram under Tools -> Sysinfo?

Ok thank you for this information, is there a way to get it released
Don't have so many dhcp reservations, and vpn clients at same time. Don't know what consume memory in your configs.
Sorry didn't read. You can't use many portforwarding that consume memmory.
Are you sure you need all of them.

Last edited:
Someone posted a small script a few years ago that allowed to clean up at least some of the temporary variables. You'd have to do a forum search to track it down.

Otherwise, doing a factory default reset and manually reconfiguring your router might be the most efficient way to do it.

Don't have so many dhcp reservations, and vpn clients at same time. Don't know what consume memory in your configs.
Sorry didn't read. You can't use many portforwarding that consume memmory.
Are you sure you need all of them.
Ok thanks, i could erase nvram via this command "mtd-erase2 nvram", i rebooted manually the router, restored the config but then i have still a low free space in nvram : 59063 / 65536 bytes

and just after reset was 48000 /65536, it is not a lot.

anyway that solved my current problem, but i wonder why so much nvram used

Ok thanks, i could erase nvram via this command "mtd-erase2 nvram", i rebooted manually the router, restored the config but then i have still a low free space in nvram : 59063 / 65536 bytes
and just after reset was 48000 /65536, it is not a lot. anyway that solved my current problem, but i wonder why so much nvram used
Someone posted a small script a few years ago that allowed to clean up at least some of the temporary variables. You'd have to do a forum search to track it down.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/reducing-nvram-usage.35796/#post-291500

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!