What's new

RT-AC56U problems with OpenVPN and attached USB3.0 RAID array.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

neve

New Around Here
I'm having two seemingly unrelated problems with my RT-AC56U running firmware version 42.
Any help in diagnosing would be appreciated.

First, about every 36-48 hours, I loose internet connectivity. I've got OpenVPN configured with privateinternetaccess and have two clients configured for two different gateways. I have found that if I turn off one gateway and turn on the other, It starts working again. Sometimes if I've accidentally left both on, turning one off will fix it too. I'm not sure how to tell if this is a problem with my VPN provider, the firmware, or my ISP.

Secondly, I've got a CineRAID CR-H252 USB3.0 enclosure attached to my router. The two 2TB drives are mirrored and formatted NTFS in one partition.
Every few days, the drive will disappear from the network map which will show no device. To fix this, I can either reboot the router, or un-plug and re-plug the drive. A second USB2.0 attached NTFS hard drive never has a problem. Perhaps I should format ext4, but plugging it back into my PC will be more difficult if I give up on the router.

I'm also having a problem that sometimes it locks up. If I cycle the power and try to connect, I just get:

Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC56U.
To access the settings of RT-AC56U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.

I have to remove power and wait a while to get it working again.

My family is very upset with this router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!