What's new

RT-AC56U - Tx power adjustment and temperature

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gonkey

New Around Here
I just bought this new router and in the stock firmware i saw the Tx power adjustment setting was a max of 200mW, but was set at 80mW from the factory. I was running 75c at the CPU and mid 50's for the 2 channels. I just upgraded to Merlin v3.0.0.4.376.48_1. I Noticed the field is now a percentage and is set at 100% which I would have to assume is 200mW. I did not notice any change in signal strength using the Wifi Analyzer app on an Android phone with only the 2.4g channel. So i lowered the percentage to 50%, applied. no change in signal strength. I changed it to 1%, applied. no change again. so i rebooted the router, still no change. It has been running at 1% Tx power for an hour and the cpu and channel temps remain constant. Is Tx power adjustment not working in the Merlin firmware? I should note this is being tested in the same room as the router as far as signal strength tests. I didn't do more since i saw no significant change in signal strength or temps. Just regular internet browsing load on the network at the time.

other than this, the router has been great!

Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!