What's new

RT-AC66R replacement needed after magic smoke leaks out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gatorgrabber

Occasional Visitor
Well, no sooner than I got my RT-AC66R tweaked 'just so', I lose it to a near direct lightning strike...gotta love these Florida summers! I've really liked using ASUSWRT since switching to it from DDWRT, so I'd like to continue along this path with a replacement. My wireless needs are quite modest since almost everything in the network has a cable running to it, which leaves just my smartphone and tablet. I'm rarely more than 150' away from my router when I'm home. Are there any suggestions for a robust model that has decent access to asuswrt/merlin software updates? Since I'm not 'bleeding edge', I was thinking of, perhaps, an AC-68U? I'm seriously open for suggestions.

Thanks!

Try to find an RT-AC68 series to replace it - the alt would be the RT-AC1900, which is BestBuy exclusive at the moment...

Try to find an RT-AC68 series to replace it - the alt would be the RT-AC1900, which is BestBuy exclusive at the moment...

That model would be the RT-AC1900P. ;)

With RMerlin support identical to other RT-AC68U models and with a dual core 1.4GHz processor, that is the router to consider for just a small premium over the otherwise excellent (original) dual core 800MHz RT-AC68U. :)

Ditto. Good choice.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!