What's new

RT-AC66R(u) 2.4Ghz intermittent connectivity

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vanhoand

New Around Here
I've had the RT-AC66R for about a year with no problems. A month or 2 ago I started having intermittent internet connectivity on the devices connected to the 2.4Ghz side of the network (both on the 2.4Ghz guest SSID and my regular private 2.4Ghz SSID). The 5Ghz side has no issues.

When the issue occurs, the device (Roku, Xbox 360s, laptops, etc) gets booted off the network and is unable to reconnect without rebooting the router (and even then it sometimes takes a 2nd reboot to reconnect). The SSID still appears to be broadcasting as normal and the devices are able to see it but error out while trying to connect.

So far, I've tried updated firmware (to 3.0.0.4.374_979), removing the guest network, changing wireless mode from Auto to N-only, and changing to different control channels (and I've verified that the ones I've tried are clear with a phone app that checks for interference). None of these "fixes" have worked or helped at all...

For reference, my security is WPA2-Personal. Oh, and I'm going to be pissed if this is a HW problem...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!