What's new

rt-ac66u a1 slow wifi after wake up

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

the_test

New Around Here
Hi guys! I wonder if anyone encountered the same problem. It looks like after some time without usage, especially after I wake up my devices (I have an android device and my wife has an iphone), the connection seems reeeeally slow. It takes some seconds to load even for light images like in Telegram and Instagram. However when Im out of home without WiFi and surf using my cell network (LTE) it takes moments to load ANY images. Both our smartphones support 5 Ghz band. I used to think that the problem caused by original Asus firmware and replaced it with Merlin latest build. But the problem persisted. I tried to restrict the band to only one channel (38), but after I checked other channels with WiFi Analyzer and it looks like I`m the only in my neighborhood who is using 5 Ghz bands. So I guess this is not the case. There is no lag when my desktop, my macbook and our smartphones are on at the same and using the router heavily.

Following because I experience the exact same thing. Except mine are two 68s setup as Router/Repeater. Check out my yesterday’s first post to see all things I’ve tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your information is a bit limited.
I suggest to install the latest stock firmware, revert to factory defaults and manual configure the very basics only for a safe Internet connection (do not load an old configuration backup).
See what this does.

Your information is a bit limited.
I suggest to install the latest stock firmware, revert to factory defaults and manual configure the very basics only for a safe Internet connection (do not load an old configuration backup).
See what this does.

Guess I'll try this. Thank you.

Definitely do what wouterv recommends and start fresh.

After you get everything set up and if you still have issues, turn off universal beamforming under 5GHz professional settings. Just keep AC beamforming enabled.

Just before flashing stock FW I decided to try and switch my asus to AP mode. The router now is DIR-620A from my ISP and rt-ac66u is connected vie ethernet. Looks like the broblem is gone. So the only thing that chaged is router->ap mode.