What's new

RT-AC66U and 3.0.0.4.380.7743

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

George Neill

New Around Here
just update to 3.0.0.4.380.7743 and am now having problems. After about 30 min. I get message that system rebooted and port # changed, need to disconnect / reconnect. But port 192.168.1.1 still pings and any address on the internet still pings but DNS does not work. Reboot or power off/on and works good for about 30 min. Any help, should I find an older version of firmware?
Also just noticed the CPU is pegged at 100% and mem starts at 72 % and appears to climb to 95+% by the time it starts being a problem. Before update unit had been working great since I got it.
Just unplugged USB disk drive and CPU now back at 1% and mem at 19%. Waiting to see how long continues to work.
Been working now overnight, so Ok, just check any attached storage for problem...

Last edited:
just update to 3.0.0.4.380.7743 and am now having problems. After about 30 min. I get message that system rebooted and port # changed, need to disconnect / reconnect. But port 192.168.1.1 still pings and any address on the internet still pings but DNS does not work. Reboot or power off/on and works good for about 30 min. Any help, should I find an older version of firmware?
Also just noticed the CPU is pegged at 100% and mem starts at 72 % and appears to climb to 95+% by the time it starts being a problem. Before update unit had been working great since I got it.
Just unplugged USB disk drive and CPU now back at 1% and mem at 19%. Waiting to see how long continues to work.
As always when you have problems after a firmware upgrade do a factory reset. In fact, do factory reset, minimal configuration, reflash the firmware again then another factory reset. Seems nuts to do this but might just save the router! And, leave USB devices unplugged. It is not unusual for the processor to work hard when a large USB drive is connected.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

As always when you have problems after a firmware upgrade do a factory reset. In fact, do factory reset, minimal configuration, reflash the firmware again then another factory reset. Seems nuts to do this but might just save the router! And, leave USB devices unplugged. It is not unusual for the processor to work hard when a large USB drive is connected.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

I can certainly say the flash reset flash reset usually keeps most strange things at bay. I updated 2 66u's yesterday and it started the reboot issue on them. A second reset and reflash fixed the issue. It started the moment i plugged in a usb aircard even though i flashed without the card attached i still had an issue. Do not flash with any usb attached even an aircard has caused flashing issues.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!