Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC66U and RT-AC77U Bridge Mode How to

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by doggyofone, Jun 19, 2017.

1. doggyofone

doggyofone Occasional Visitor

Ive been trying to find a simple guide with instruction about how to bridge these routers. I'm running Merlin's firmware on both. My primary router is the 87U and is located on the main floor of my home. I have just setup a home theater room in the basement and I have a spare AC66U available. During construction I ran an ethernet cable from the 87U to the 66U and have connected the two routers. Now I need to know how to set this up for wireless and ethernet communication.
    Can anyone suggest a guide, or some tips for getting these two routers to communicate?
    Thank you.

2. bbunge

bbunge Senior Member

Bridge is the wrong term. Just set the AC66U as an access point. You can use the same SSID as the AC77U or use a different one. Try both ways to see what works best for you.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

3. doggyofone

doggyofone Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your response. In the interim I have set up an ethernet switch that is connected via ethernet cable to the 87U. Is there any benefit to using either repeater or the switch?