What's new

RT-AC66U and RT-AC77U Bridge Mode How to

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

doggyofone

Occasional Visitor
Ive been trying to find a simple guide with instruction about how to bridge these routers. I'm running Merlin's firmware on both. My primary router is the 87U and is located on the main floor of my home. I have just setup a home theater room in the basement and I have a spare AC66U available. During construction I ran an ethernet cable from the 87U to the 66U and have connected the two routers. Now I need to know how to set this up for wireless and ethernet communication.
Can anyone suggest a guide, or some tips for getting these two routers to communicate?
Thank you.

Bridge is the wrong term. Just set the AC66U as an access point. You can use the same SSID as the AC77U or use a different one. Try both ways to see what works best for you.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Thanks for your response. In the interim I have set up an ethernet switch that is connected via ethernet cable to the 87U. Is there any benefit to using either repeater or the switch?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!