What's new

RT-AC66U-B1-- Repeater Control Channel for 2.4ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jegesq

Very Senior Member
I've run into an unusual issue, and can't seem to find a way to resolve it. I am using an AC66U-B1 (aka RT-AC 1750), which is the version of the 66U's that uses the same processor as the 68U's. I've had lots of prior experience with the older 66U's when used as Repeaters and never have I run across this issue.

Seems that when using the 66U-B1 (whether using ASUSWRT official or Merlin's latest), whenever I set it to Repeater mode, it defaults on the 2.4ghz channel to using 20/40 mhz widths, and the channel it always uses is "2". If I go into the settings for the 2.4 channel, everything is set to "Auto" and I am unable to get any changes I set to stick. I've tried factory resets, different firmwares, reboots, but nothing seems to allow me to change either the control channel or the channel width. It also automatically sets the "tick" on the "G" device protection mode, which of course i do not want.

Using channel 2 for 2.4 channel is, I think, introducing a lot of latency due to contention from other devices in my area that are using correct channels (e.g., 1, 6 or 11). I would like to find a way to set the 2.4 control channel if that is at all possible on the 66U-B1.

BTW, there's no issue with the 5ghz channel at all, since it is locked onto the same channel that I'm using as the "repeater/backhaul" channel. While I recognize that this causes the bandwidth to be roughly halved due to time sharing on the channel, I can live with that. Just having a problem with the 2.4 control channel setting.

Thanks for your time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!