What's new

RT-AC66U B1 Spamming network with discovery messages (QueryLargeTlv)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VinnieP

New Around Here
Hi!

New poster here.

So, my RT-AC66U B1 is currently spamming my switch with tonnes of traffic for some reason. Its discovery traffic that I think is linked to the network discovery service. Jumped in using SSH and starting killing services but nothing changed.

This is what it is spamming (using Wireshark):

61039 563.569126 ASUSTekC_b2:3a:YY (media bridge router) D-LinkIn_be:b1:XX (switch on the media bridge side) LLTD 60 QueryLargeTlv
Type of Service: Topology discovery (0x00)

The AC66 is in media bridge mode with another Asus (56 something) but that one is using OpenWRT.

So it looks like this:

WAN --> Asus 56X (OpenWRT) <----> 5Ghz <-----> Asus 66U (Asus original FW / Media bridge mode) ----> Switch (D-Link)

Could the messages be from the other side of the link (Asus 56X) that is masked or is it originated from the AC66? Everything works, but its constantly spamming my switch for some reason (10-20 queries /sec) which is annoying.

Any ideas?

/V

you can try flash RMerlin for RT-AC66U B1 (the same FW as AC68U) what I am observing a lot of times when you change FW from AsusWRT to RMerlin, FreshTomato etc strange behavior is gone.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!