What's new

RT-AC66U b1 WiFi antenna setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

videobruce

Occasional Visitor
Using either the stock or the Merlin F/W;
Are these options available for setting up the functions of the three antennas?
Auto, TX only, RX only

Is one of those antennas receive only?

No options for that in any firmware available. The antennas are duel band RX and TX this can not be changed.

Using either the stock or the Merlin F/W;
Are these options available for setting up the functions of the three antennas?
Auto, TX only, RX only

Is one of those antennas receive only?

Your own experiment at your premise is in order, right? Antenna is used for both TX & RX. 3 antennas are identical on that router.

The reason for the question is I would prefer not to us the center antenna due to the overly crowded rear panel and the Wireless function is a distant secondary of importance as all but one or two devices are wired.

I'm really surprised at the answer. dd-wrt doesn't have the option either?

There is no option to do as you suggested in any firmware available for Asus routers.

I see on the Wireless-General page that there is an entry labeled "Mode" What is that for?
If you position your mouse pointer over those words a question mark will appear. Click the mouse button and a help box will pop up explaining that option.

That's providing I have one which I don't and if I did, it's doubtful I would be asking any of these questions.

Thank you.
I had the 'N' version manual which had very little details and I believe it was just labeled "Mode".