What's new

RT-AC66U Dropping/Low Throughput

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

spencerp92

New Around Here
After the few most recent Merlin updates, my router has been dropping the connection almost hourly. I have been trying to adjust settings to see if there is something directly causing it, but I have found nothing.

In addition to that, I opened up Inssider just to see if there were too many overlapping connections, but what I did see was that my 5ghz network's 'Max Rate' was only 54. My 2.4ghz networks is 216, I had directly noticed this the other day when streaming a video; it would stutter and stop on the 5ghz, but once one the 2.4ghz network, it worked smooth.

Help for either would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    46.7 KB · Views: 390
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    27.1 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
After the few most recent Merlin updates, my router has been dropping the connection almost hourly. I have been trying to adjust settings to see if there is something directly causing it, but I have found nothing.

In addition to that, I opened up Inssider just to see if there were too many overlapping connections, but what I did see was that my 5ghz network's 'Max Rate' was only 54. My 2.4ghz networks is 216, I had directly noticed this the other day when streaming a video; it would stutter and stop on the 5ghz, but once one the 2.4ghz network, it worked smooth.

Help for either would be greatly appreciated.

Post your 5 GHz settings so people can look at them. Otherwise we're all flying blind here.

Try disabling Explicit Beamforming, and setting wifi type to Auto instead of N + AC.

Also note that your SSID isn't exactly standard - some clients might be thrown off by its length or the presence of spaces in it.

I have made the changes that were suggested, but I'm still getting the lower speeds. And besides those few changes, everything is default settings.

Also try using channel 36 in case your client is having issues with the higher numbered channels (some do).