What's new

RT-AC66U drops internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mcrandy

New Around Here
Hi!

I have a strange problem with my ASUS RT-AC66U that I hope that someone can help me to shed some light upon.

Now and then, usually will several months apart I have period of days where my internet connection is "bad" breaking all the time. Rebooting the ASUS router gives me 5-10 minutes of internet to the clients and then boom, down again.
Doesn't matter if I connect the clients using WiFi och Ethernet- connection. Same issue.
When Internet connection goes down rest of LAN is still accessible as expected and connecting directly into incoming WAN gives me a solid internet connection.
Looking into the router admin panel during internet outage I also says that internet connection is still up and I can use the ping tool that the admin panel provides so it seems good indeed.
After some days of restarting the router the problem usually goes away and the clients access’ can be good for several months after that.

I'm on latest firmware 3.0.0.4.382_50470. Using routers DHCP. ASUS System logs gives me nothing.

One more thing. I have IP-TV pass through enabled on one of the routers Ethernet ports and I get internet on this interface.

I'm clueless, stared thinking it's bad ASUS hardware or something?

Last edited:
Found out that the devices not being able to connect to internet were assigned some mambo jambo IP addresses.
For the IPTV passthrough I have a VLAN topology setup in my network and it might ave something to do with it. I have disabled the VLAN and at this time it internet connections work from all devices.