1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

RT-AC66U dual WAN, secondary shows "cold standby"

Discussion in 'ASUS N Routers & Adapters' started by MOGMAN, Jun 17, 2018.

1. MOGMAN

MOGMAN New Around Here

I have been using dual WAN fail over mode for a while on this router and has worked fine.
    My primary ISP went down for two days this week and it would not switch, the secondary shows "cold standby" I am pretty sure it had said "hot standby" before, I switched the secondary into the WAN port and it worked fine but of course had to switch it back when the primary ISP became available again, and now the secondary still says "cold standby"
    The only thing I can think of is I had done a firmware upgrade not too long ago, checked and it is running the last issued firmware.

fbicknel likes this.