What's new

RT-AC66U - FW: 380-65-2, ping WAN interface set to yes not working...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

intel1212

New Around Here
Hello,

New to Merlin FW. Been a long time Tomato user, but heard good stuff about this project.

Firmware 380-65_2

In Firewall --> Respond ICMP Echo (ping) Request from WAN --> Yes, save.

I still cannot get ping requests to my DDNS entry name (lookup is providing correct IP address).

Anyone else have this problem? Do I need to do something else for WAN interface to respond to pings? I need it for monitoring.

Thanks (edited below)

Logs. These are the dropped ICMP packets showing up in the logs when I launch a ping test at site24x7.com (but the setting in the FW area of the router is set to "Yes" to allow a response to a ping of the WAN interface):

Last edited:
You have this in your logs

DST=192.168.1.2

which looks wrong. It suggests that you either have a double NAT situation, are port forwarding to 192.168.1.2 or have 192.168.1.2 in the DMZ.

What a dumb$$$ I am. Yep, wrong config in DMZ. Was testing merlin build on another router, behind this one (.2), and when I removed it, I did not update DMZ setting. Sometimes you just need someone else to look at stuff.... Thanks ColinTayor for the catching..... Appreciate!!