What's new

RT-AC66U iPhone Airprint looses lease?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ChuckTin

Occasional Visitor
ISP is Brighthouse (Charter Communications)
Location is North Central Florida - Marion County
Modem is Brighthouse with Coax to TV
Router is my ASUS RT-AC66U

Wifie was complaining that she could no longer Airprint to my Verite 65 XL plus, said she was seeing a error message something about losing lease.
The fix was to un plug the printer power cord, wait 30 seconds, re plug and restart the printer. But finding that took a while :(
I don't speak iOS. So what is losing the lease?
My Android phone wasn't affected nor was my Win 10 desktop or my Laptop.

Curiously when I did a hard reset at the router it did not revert to the factory defaults from when it was purchased, all my last setting came back tho' I did reset the Master ID/Password (seemed like a good idea).
And I see there's a firmware update but I didn't install it - the verbiage said nothing about Airprint.

Curiously when I did a hard reset at the router it did not revert to the factory defaults from when it was purchased, all my last setting came back tho' I did reset the Master ID/Password (seemed like a good idea).
And I see there's a firmware update but I didn't install it - the verbiage said nothing about Airprint.

Did you hold the reset button until the power LED begins to flash?

OE

I don't think you did a full/proper reset.

Try doing a full reset via the GUI.

The M&M Config (link in my signature below) may be worth following too to get your router back to a good/known state.

It doesn't seem to be there now.

I believe that is correct. I think @OzarkEdge was getting confused with recovery mode, where the power LED does blink.

On the 86U, I'm pretty sure the power LED begins to flash while the reset button is held... then you let go and wait for it to settle. I got a lot of practice with AiMesh and ASUS's sloppy firmware releases lately. If the 66U is the same, then maybe the reset button is not happening.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!