What's new

RT-AC66U issues - possibly dead?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shas95

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

My trusty RT-AC66U has been playing up this week after 4.5 years of mostly trouble free use. The router decided to do a factory reset earlier in the week randomly. I then restored to a backup I had from a few months ago. The next day the same thing happened but after restoring I updated to the latest firmware. Today the router doesn’t seem to be working at all. The wireless isn’t detected by any devices and the 2 wireless lights are not lit. I tried connecting using a ethernet but I’m not able to get into the router settings. The power, Internet and ethernet lights are on. I have tried hard resetting by pressing the button but still no luck.

Anyone have any ideas or is it dead? If it is dead what would be a good replacement?

Many thanks

Hello,

My trusty RT-AC66U has been playing up this week after 4.5 years of mostly trouble free use. The router decided to do a factory reset earlier in the week randomly. I then restored to a backup I had from a few months ago. The next day the same thing happened but after restoring I updated to the latest firmware. Today the router doesn’t seem to be working at all. The wireless isn’t detected by any devices and the 2 wireless lights are not lit. I tried connecting using a ethernet but I’m not able to get into the router settings. The power, Internet and ethernet lights are on. I have tried hard resetting by pressing the button but still no luck.

Anyone have any ideas or is it dead? If it is dead what would be a good replacement?

Many thanks
A TM-AC1900 converted to 68U? Flamesuit On

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!