What's new

RT-AC66U - much problems with iPhone 4 + 4s

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kaschi68

New Around Here
Hello,
sorry for my bad english :).

I have problems with 2,4Ghz on my iPhones. DL/UL is very slow. Connecting is frequently broken.

My firmware is Merlin 3.0.0.4.220.18b (is the best of my test)

See my Settings on Pictures.

Thanks for helping,
Kaschi

Attachments

• WLANFORUM1.jpg
    WLANFORUM1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 360
  • WLANFORUM2.jpg
    WLANFORUM2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 360
Instead of "Auto" for the channel try to manually set it. Use a wifi analyzer tool like InSSIDer for Windows or Wifi Analyzer for Android (I'm sure similar tools also exist for iOS) to determine which channel is the least used in your neighborhood.

Also I recommend you set the output power back to the default of 80 mw at least until you troubleshoot your stability problem.. If you go too high, it can cause signal distortion, which could also lead to stability issues.

Also note that iOS 6 has various issues related to wifi, so this could be another reason for your problems if you upgraded. Another "revolution" from Apple. :rolleyes:

Settings on the 2.4 GHz

As RMerlin answered install inssider on one of your pc:s and see the traffic and signal strength of your own 2.4 GHz band and if you have a lot of other wireless networks in your neighborhood.
You can try and test if Kanalbandbreite : 40 MHz , Kanal : a set channel from the inssider , Auth M. : WPA2-Auto-Personal and WPA Encr. :TKIP+AES.
I have these settings on my own 2.4 GHZ band and have no problem to connect with Ipod and Android smartphone.

Thanks for your fast answer :)

Switch to 80mW is very good :)

When i try 40Mhz, the Channel switch automatically from 1 to 2 Channel and 2 to 1 Channel to see in inSSIDer (ch11+ch7 -->ch11-->ch11+ch7........).
Is this normally ?:confused:

I have no networks from neighborhood found. But i have very much radio controlled equipment....

Is my beacon interval have i set to 80, is this ok ? I feel this is better :confused:

What is better for WLan, QoS on or off ?

Thanks Kaschi
from Germany

Last edited:
Thanks for your fast answer :)

Switch to 80mW is very good :)

When i try 40Mhz, the Channel switch automatically from 1 to 2 Channel and 2 to 1 Channel to see in inSSIDer (ch11+ch7 -->ch11-->ch11+ch7........).
Is this normally ?:confused:

I have no networks from neighborhood found. But i have very much radio controlled equipment....

Is my beacon interval have i set to 80, is this ok ? I feel this is better :confused:

What is better for WLan, QoS on or off ?

Thanks Kaschi
from Germany

Yes , it is normal with 2 channels in InSSIDer.
Perhaps you should leave the beacon interval set to the default 100 and
change Preamble Type to Short.
Regarding QoS you will have to try both off and on to see if you see
any improvement regarding response time.

Don't turn QoS on unless you absolutely need it, as it comes at a cost in term of raw throughput.

Hello RMerlin and mikeg,

thank you for help :)

This are my actually Settings and the Connection is very great !!

QoS = off

Have a nice Day,
Kaschi68

Attachments

• aktuell1.jpg
    aktuell1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 413
  • aktuell2.jpg
    aktuell2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 489

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!