What's new

RT-AC66U non-B1 AI-Mesh?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dmolavi

Occasional Visitor
I have an AX-88U as my primary router, with an AC-66U lying around. Is there any way, using either Merlin or some other 3rd party firmware (or command line) to get the 66U to work as an AI-Mesh router? It's not the B1 model, the original 66U.

Thanks in advance.

No, but you have a great icon!

Thanks. Out of curiousity, is this due to some hardware limitation, or just that Asus never ported the functionality over?

(I'm an engineer by trade - Georgia Tech grad - and huge fan of legacy PRR steamers :) )

Out of curiousity, is this due to some hardware limitation, or just that Asus never ported the functionality over?
It was never ported. But I suspect the SDK of those old MIPS routers is not compatible with it anyway (or not worth the effort to develop for an obsolete platform).

It will still make a formidable Media Bridge for any far wired-only devices though with either RMerlin or john9527's RMerlin fork. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!