What's new

(RT-AC66U) Port forwarding not working since updating firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dunestorm

New Around Here
I updated my router from 380.64_2 to 380.69_0, the update went smoothly and all the settings are still in tact. For some reason port forwarding just simply doesn't work any more, all my settings look the same as they were.

Capture_1.png

Any ideas please? :(

SOLVED.

After banging my head against a wall over the past few hours, it turns out there was absolutely nothing wrong with my router's configuration.

My Synology box decided to switch the default gateway to the secondary interface (which is on a private network). I'm guessing it did this after failing to establish a connection whilst I was upgrading the firmware on my router and media-bridge. Of course it all happened without warning and through trial and error, worked out that forwarding was working great on all but my NAS...

picard-facepalm.jpg

Hi,
just one detail a bit out-of-scope: do you know that port 80 for letsencrypt to work with your syno just need to be opened once at creation of the certificate. Further certificate updates are made via the https port of DSM and thus the redirection to port 80 can be removed.

GS

Hi,
just one detail a bit out-of-scope: do you know that port 80 for letsencrypt to work with your syno just need to be opened once at creation of the certificate. Further certificate updates are made via the https port of DSM and thus the redirection to port 80 can be removed.

GS
Ohhh I didn't know it was temporary, I'll remove that right away. Thanks for the heads up :)