What's new

RT-AC66U Router + Media Bridge Can't Connect To Local Media Services

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Marrus

New Around Here
Last night, I received a pair of RT-AC66U's that I set up as a router and media bridge, connecting over 5GHz AC. I updated both to the latest official firmware (3.0.0.4.260).

Previously, I had a Linksys WRT400N connecting to a Linksys WET610, over 5GHz N.

I run PS3 Media Server, Plex DLNA and Streambaby on my desktop, which is physically connected to the router.

I use a PS3 to connect to the PS3MS and Plex DLNA services, and a Tivo HD to connect to the Streambaby HME service, both of which are physically connected to the media bridge.

Everything worked with the Linksys WRT400N/WET610 combination, although not really fast enough for streaming 1080p content.

Now, with the two RT-AC66U's, the PS3 can't see PS3MS and the Tivo can't see Streambaby. The PS3 *is* able to see the Plex DLNA server.

I can live without PS3MS, but I really want to get Streambaby working again. Since Streambaby uses Bonjour, this thread seems to be related.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
After installing the new iTunes, my PS3 is now able to see PS3MS. I'm not sure if there is a causal relationship or if it was just a coincidence. Maybe reinstalling reconfigured Bonjour or something...?

I also managed to get Streambaby working, by plugging my Tivo into my old WET610N instead of the RT-AC66U Media Bridge.

The bizarre thing is, the WET610N is connecting to the 2.4Ghz network from the Media Bridge, which I configured with a difference SSID than the 2.4Ghz network from the main RT-AC66U router.

So why does Tivo->WET610N->Media Bridge->Router->Streambaby work while Tivo->Media Bridge->Router->Streambaby does not work?

Anyone have any suggestions for how I can figure that out?

I too am having the same issue. For me, it was my AppleTV on the Bridge side not being able to see Home Sharing on my desktop PC connected to the Wireless router. Also, my Yamaha app for the iPhone could not find my Yamaha receiver.

I narrowed it down to the Bridge mode router because I can hook back up an old reliable D-link DAP-1522 in Bridge mode and get back those features. Of course, this defeats the purpose of upgrading wanting wireless AC.

I have a call-in with tech support. I got two replies in the same day, but haven't heard anything for the second day.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!