What's new

RT AC66u Showing no Wi-Fi led? Bricked?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vintagegal08

New Around Here
Okay I'm new to all this technology. So I purchased this router last week and tried to flash firmware onto it. Well ever since then, I tried factory resetting it and then reloading the latest asus firmware instead. When it uploads it says recovery successful please wait for reboot. It just sits there. The router doesn't reboot on it's own and there are no Wi-Fi led lights. Just the lan light and power light. I'm at my wits end on what to do. I tried the 30/30/30 method. I can't think of what else to do. I'm not very knowledgeable about router stuff or firmware. I simply downloaded the latest one to my phone, transferred it to my computer and used the firmware restoration tool. Is it hopeless? And no I can't get online with my router at all at this point. Can't access the web admin since no Wi-Fi networks are even showing up.

30/30/30 doesn't exist on ASUS routers.

What firmware was originally on the router, what firmware did you try to flash?

Best to not use WiFi for flashing firmware, ethernet from your PC is best. The ASUS Discovery Tool is useful to find the IP of any router connected to your system.

You may find using John's Fork helps for recovery.

>> John's Fork <<

Last edited:
30/30/30 doesn't exist on ASUS routers.

What firmware was originally on the router, what firmware did you try to flash?

Best to not use WiFi for flashing firmware, ethernet from your PC is best. The ASUS Discovery Tool is useful to find the IP of any router connected to your system.
I was originally trying to flash tomato firmware but didn't realize it's not compatible with my router anymore. I disabled the Wi-Fi during this, and connected the Ethernet cable from my laptop to my router only and keyed in the 192.168.1.1 ip address to do the firmware update back into asus. It uploads fine but then it says please wait for it to reboot and that just sits there and my router won't reboot on it's own. I was trying to figure out a way to change the ttl on my router which is why I was flashing in the first place. My mobile phone company was recognizing my old router as a hotpot and I think throttled it and it won't connect anymore so I was trying to figure out how my new router could use the actual phone data I have.

Try using John's Fork for recovery, the Recovery Tool can sometimes take a very long time to complete.

A very long time, I'd be patient with it for at least a couple of hours.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!