What's new

RT-AC66U + WD my net bridge

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cygnus X

New Around Here
im running 3.0.0.4.374.35_2 (Merlin build) with no changes except renaming ssid and setting wpa code

the WD is a 3x3 5ghz(only no 2.4ghz) bridge, the asus is mounted on wall over a door frame with antennas pointing straight up, to make sure to get the least amount of inteference from walls ect i placed the WD at table height 10 feet away with a clear view between the two

my main machine is an 3770K running 1000mbps, the other machine a 6600q also 1000mbps...when connected with cable transfer with about 80-85 MB/s

wireless between the asus to WD about 3.5MB/s a far cry from the 1300mbps advertised .... but from WD to Asus about 9MB/s

i have messed with channel bandwith setting it to 80mhz only gave me 0.5MB/s more

i messed with Tx power adjustment and it didnt change a thing

my phone a galaxy nexus reports 150mbps when near the asus, but it quickly drops 13mps when just a few rooms down the hall (which is ok for 5ghz i guess....house is 1700 sqf) asus is mounted central in regards to where i need the highest speeds

QOS is off

no USB devices to steal processing power, im the only one with 5GHZ according to wifi analyzer

im not expecting huge speeds...but somewhere around 10MB/s would be nice

i tried replacing the 6600Q with my netbook which only has 100mbps network and wired that to the WD bridge and the results are the same 10 MB/s getting data from the neetbook and 3.5MB/s sending to it

heeeeeeeelp please

Have you tried multiple channels to see which one gives you the best performance? Lots of people seem to get good results from setting a channel rather than doing 'auto'. Maybe also scan your area using inSSIDer and see if there are other APs that might be interfering with yours. Also, it couldn't hurt to post your settings for 5ghz, both the general and advanced (or professional or whatever it's called) tabs.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!