What's new

RT-AC66U - will ASUS include it in the AiMesh router group?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mcnylen

New Around Here
Hi, Was going to go the ORBI or VELOP route, but they seem to be very unstable. Now my focus is on sticking with ASUS and use AIMesh, but my router is not on the list and if it will not be, then I am looking at having to buy 2 new routers. Have 2 story house with finished basement. I have the AC66U there, but cannot cover the house, not even with a repeater on the second floor. Very spotty so need to make a change. Thoughts? Thx, M

Hi, Was going to go the ORBI or VELOP route, but they seem to be very unstable. Now my focus is on sticking with ASUS and use AIMesh, but my router is not on the list and if it will not be, then I am looking at having to buy 2 new routers. Have 2 story house with finished basement. I have the AC66U there, but cannot cover the house, not even with a repeater on the second floor. Very spotty so need to make a change. Thoughts? Thx, M

It appears that only the AC66U-B1 will get AIMesh so yes you would need 2 routers , I bought an AC88U as main and used my AC66U-B1 as the node and scrapping my AC56U

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!