What's new

RT-AC66U Won't connect in AC mode.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Werewolph

New Around Here
As title suggests, I've got the router, and I've picked up a D-Link AC USB adapter. I don't expect the best speeds, being a USB 2.0 stick, but whatever I try, It will only connect in N mode. In N mode on 2.4Ghz, 300Mbps is the maximum rate windows will report, and in 5Ghz I've seen fluctuations between 468Mbps and 702Mbps reported in windows, but 526.5 and 585Mbps seem to be the favourites to sit around. While transferring files, the max I've seen is 122Mbps.

I've changed the 5Ghz broadcast to 80Mhz only, and left wireless mode on "Auto" and control channel on "Auto". Is there something I'm not doing, or should I just wait for the PCIE AC card to become available here?

in 5Ghz I've seen fluctuations between 468Mbps and 702Mbps reported in windows, but 526.5 and 585Mbps seem to be the favourites to sit around.

Those are 802.11ac speeds. 802.11n maxes at 450 Mbits.

802.11ac only works on the 5 GHz band, the 2.4 GHz band is for legacy b/g/n.

I knew it worked only on 5 GHz mode, but thought perhaps it should report as 802.11ac in the connection status. That explains everything, thanks.

Maybe I should turn this thread into a review of the D-Link adapter, at least I can be of use then lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I knew it worked only on 5 GHz mode, but thought perhaps it should report as 802.11ac in the connection status. That explains everything, thanks.

Maybe I should turn this thread into a review of the D-Link adapter, at least I can be of use then lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Windows didn't know that 802.11ac existed, must be why it doesn't report it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!