What's new

RT-AC68 keeps freezing, pease help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Begotten

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I need help with my rt-ac68u. Since I got this router (1 year), almost 2-3 times a week the router freeze (both wired and wifi stop working) and I need to shut down the power and reboot it.
When it's happening, I'm not doing anything special, sometimes browsing the internet, sometimes watching a movie with my dnla tv, sometimes nothing at all.

The only thing I can think of is that I have an usb drive attach to it which contains a lot of movies and music, and yes the mediaserver is enable. But, i access the media files with only one device at a time.

There is 1 pc wired and for the wifi: 4 android devices, 1 ipad mini, 1 iphone, 1 TV.

I really dont know where to start to investiguate this problem. Is it the media server? the usb attach? the room temprature? the work load? an attack from the outside?

I'm using the latest merlin firmware and i've got no neighbour with wifi router.

As a starting point I would reset the router to factory defaults and then just set up the basic stuff and see if it works ok for a week. Then add one extra feature at a time (ie usb drive; media server) and wait a week between until you find out which item was causing the issue. If I'm not mistaken you'll want to remove the usb drive before resetting to factory defaults.

Hi, I need help with my rt-ac68u. Since I got this router (1 year), almost 2-3 times a week the router freeze (both wired and wifi stop working) and I need to shut down the power and reboot it.
When it's happening, I'm not doing anything special, sometimes browsing the internet, sometimes watching a movie with my dnla tv, sometimes nothing at all.

The only thing I can think of is that I have an usb drive attach to it which contains a lot of movies and music, and yes the mediaserver is enable. But, i access the media files with only one device at a time.

There is 1 pc wired and for the wifi: 4 android devices, 1 ipad mini, 1 iphone, 1 TV.

I really dont know where to start to investiguate this problem. Is it the media server? the usb attach? the room temprature? the work load? an attack from the outside?

I'm using the latest merlin firmware and i've got no neighbour with wifi router.

Checked temperature of the router?

Try stock firmware. With all Merlin firmware (before latest beta2 that I'm testing) i had continuous freeze after two or three days. I have tested (with factory settings) rt ac88u and rt ac68u.

Hi all,
I think i finally found the solution for my freezing problem.
This router is equipped with a button to "shut down" the LEDS and I was always using this feature. Since i let the LEDs on, everything seems to work fine.